P4C (Pilosophy For Children) Introductory Certificate
Lorelei Siegloff BA(hons) BVA(hons) M.Teach
Lorelei is a Community of Inquiry Education Consultant who has worked with the GTCASA to deliver CoI for some years as well as working with schools to assist in training their students and teachers in CoI skills.
She has a long history working in HaSS research as well as a tertiary educator.
Lorelei is the creator and lead facilitator for both the SA Middle School Community of Inquiry Day, held in partnership with the Art Gallery of South Australia and also the Senior School Community of Inquiry Day held in partnership with the Centre of Democracy.
Lorelei is the current Chair of SAPEA and the Federation of Asia-Pacific Philosophy in Schools Associations.
Offered at least once a year, this course is designed as an introduction to Community of Inquiry practice in the classroom and presupposes no formal training in philosophy or experience in teaching philosophy in schools.
- 3 full scholarships available upon application for student teachers
- Included in the full registration cost for teachers and students is membership to the SA Philosophy in Education Association for 2020.
- FAPSA accredited
For our next course.
Fully online over two Saturdays.
TWO DAY COURSE:
- $450 per person,
- $350 for SAPEA members,
- $150 full-time student,
- $100 full-time SAPEA student member.
- This charge includes substantial course materials. Certificate of Participation provided for 16 hours PD.
TWO DAY COURSE + ASSESSMENT DAY FOR FAPSA LEVEL ONE CERTIFICATION:
- $650 per person,
- $550 for SAPEA members,
- $250 full-time student,
- $200 full-time SAPEA student member.
- This charge includes substantial course materials and professional assessment of written assignment. Certificate of Participation provided for 24 hours PD and FAPSA Level One certification.
- please note that day 3 will be a day of your choosing up to 2 months after the initial 2 days. Teachers will nominate their day and our Assessor will come out to your school to observe your skills in situ.NEW reduced Institutional Member rate where there are 3 or more registrations from the same Institution: $250 (each) for the Two Day course and $450 (each) for the Two Day course + Assessment!
- Developing philosophical questioning – procedural & substantive, open/closed, using Phil Cam’s Question Quadrant
- Activities & resources
- Schools of Philosophy
- How to assess thinking
- Planning for teaching
- Applying strategies to your own practice
- Making links to the AC and Key Learning Areas
- Making links with General Capabilities
- Participant run Circles of Inquiry and professional feedback